Friday, June 13, 2014

33 weeks.

Oh boy, he's coming very soon:) It's exciting and frightening all at the same time.
Here are this week's photos. I can only upload them through the blogger mobile app so I can't tell which one I picked for Facebook until they're already uploaded. I believe it's the second photo:
Bean, isn't your sister adorable?
<7 weeks to go!
The reduced hours at work help. I try to sleep as soon as I get home so that I'm not a tired mess when it's time for me to pick up The Bun from preschool. Or when she gets home because The Man picked her up from her grandparents. These little naps help so much.
My nights have gotten worse. I used to be able to go right back to sleep when I would wake up but now I stay up for hours. Last night, I took a Benadryl (something I had done before but didn't want to depend on so stopped) and it helped a lot. It's supposed to be perfectly safe for pregnancy so I'm going to start it again. Sleep has also been affected because The Man has had to work a double shirt, going back at night. Since I'm such a light sleeper now, I tend to wake up when he gets home because the pups make such a ruckus. He tries to prevent this by sleeping downstairs and that helps a little. It reminds me of my first pregnancy. The Man didn't work a double shift but his scheduled changed to swing so he would come back very early in the morning. The pups would lose their $hit and everyone would be awake after midnight.
I also have to be careful of my hormones. I'm more emotional and paranoid but I keep it in check by thinking through all my feelings before acting out on them. I think this has saved me just about every day:p I don't want to perpetuate the stereotype of women because off their rocker during their woman time but it's a bit like that. It's like the most hormonal PMS day, every day. But being aware of it helps so I can rationalize my thoughts rather than just act out. Admittedly, the one emotion that's hard to control is anger so it's challenging for me to prevent snapping at someone, especially if it's because I'm snapping back in response of being attacked. Yes, I tend to want to cut a b****.
I'm a worry wart about what matters most to me - my marriage - but The Man is really good at showing me how he loves me through his actions so I focus on that rather than what I perceive as "problems." I also worry about my relationship with The Bun, my parents, as well as worry about my career but, again, I try hard to keep my paranoia in check.
Doctor says I'm tracking perfectly. The Bean's heartbeat is strong and so are his kicks! Have a minor infection but nothing over the counter meds can't fix, said the doctor, so I'm not worried. Again, just excited and nervous;)
-Posted using BlogPress via iPhone

No comments: