Friday, January 09, 2015

Hello, 2015!

It's time to buckle down and start writing again.
Here's the thing: For years, I've been trying to work on being present, you know, enjoying the moment. I am such a list cross-er off-er (tell me what the word is for that and I'll gladly use it!) that I've had to constantly work on enjoying the process. Because, let's face it, LIFE is the process ... right? Anyway, I've still got a long way to go but I'm much better than I was.
In this process of enjoying the process (oh, the irony), however, I've let writing fall by the wayside. Again. I know that I've let other social media be my outlet but, really, it doesn't end up being a fulfilling one. When I look back on FB to see my thoughts and how my life was at a certain point, it's not the same as when I look back on this blog. There is the benefit, of course, of having to string sentences together here to make a coherent thought as opposed to the random bits I throw onto my FB wall. Don't get me wrong, I adore FB. Too much in fact! It's absolutely wonderful for staying in contact with so many people - family, good friends, so-so friends, and, let's face it, the people you don't want to talk but can't help being curious about. But it  just doesn't replace this place where I went to write about little things, big things, funny things, sad things. Everything that makes up my life.
Reading my thoughts and experiences from years past makes me laugh, cringe, reminisce and, frankly, simply remember. (My memory is just about shot after two kids and a full-time job) I truly miss that. It is exponentially harder for me to make the effort now that I have two kids. Clearly I was able to handle it when I had a husband and two pups, though, so there's the pat on my back from myself;)
Hopefully, my friend Jen will think that imitation is the highest form of flattery! As a cross-er off-er (OK, that's just so clumsy and grammatically incorrect. How about "task-oriented person"?), the appeal of an assignment that has specific due dates is extraordinarily appealing. Hey, call it sexy but I'm a gal that like structure.
I am aware that very few people, if any, thinks that is sexy. 

1 comment:

jen said...

We can keep each other in check :)
At least that's what I'm hoping will happen come May, June, July when the novelty of this wears off. ;)
I struggle with being present, especially during the day when K is at home, and I need to keep reminding myself that time is so fleeting. I've thought about deleting FB from my phone, but just haven't done it yet. :/
We can do this, though. We're multi-tasking, awesome mamas! :P